Format: Swiss Classical: 60 min + 10 sec increment per move.
Event type: CFC Regular Rated.
Schedule: 6 rounds.
**NOTATING THE GAME IS MANDATORY FOR THE CLASSICAL SECTION**
Jul 27th, 2023 (Thursday) – Arrive by 9:15AM.
Round I: 9:30AM to 12PM BLITZ R1 to R3: 12:45PM to 1:45PM Round II: 2:30PM to 5:00PM
Jul 28th, 2023 (Friday) – Arrive by 9:15AM.
Round III: 9:30AM to 12PM BLITZ R4 to R6: 12:45PM to 1:45PM Round IV: 2:30PM to 5:00PM
Jul 29th, 2023 (Saturday) – Arrive by 9:15AM.
Round V: 9:30AM to 12PM BLITZ R7 to R9: 12:45PM to 1:45PM Round VI: 2:30PM to 5:00PM
Prize Ceremony 5:15PM on July 29th, 2023 (Saturday)
**About CFC Membership and Regular Ratings
The CFC (Canadian Chess Federation) represents Canada to the world as a member of FIDE, the international chess body. As a CFC member, you have access to all CFC rated events across Canada, and will obtain national CFC chess ratings.
There are two types of CFC ratings: Regular, and Quick. Tournaments with long games (60 min or more per player) use your CFC regular rating. Tournaments with shorter games (less than 60 min per player) use your CFC quick rating. They are different ratings and do NOT overlap.
Policies and Guidelines:
- Active CFC membership is required to play. We assist with CFC membership registration along with tournament entry. This tournament uses CFC Regular ratings for Classical and Quick ratings for Blitz.
- You may request a full refund before registration closes. No refunds after that.
- We reserve the right to move players to the appropriate section based on their CFC rating. For ex: if a player is Unrated for “Quick” tournaments but has more than 1400 rating points under “Regular” – they qualify to play under OPEN section only. This is to be fair with all players in both sections and to avoid sandbagging.
- You may request a maximum of two ½ point byes.
- No byes on Round 6 of Classical (requests for a bye on Round 6 will be ignored, or you will receive a 0-point bye) No byes allowed on round 8 & 9 of the Blitz section.
- No food or beverages allowed during a live match.
- Photos are allowed for the first 5 minutes of each round, but please be discrete and respectful to not disturb players.
- Silence is required in the playing area while games are in progress. Parents assisting their kids/ suggesting moves will lead to IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION OF THE PLAYER.
- Any player/ parent/ guardian with frequent coughing, sneezing, other visible symptoms of illness may be asked to withdraw from the tournament/ leave the premises.
- If you have experienced COVID-19 or its symptoms in past 14 days, we request you to voluntarily withdraw from the tournament for health and safety of all our patrons. Face masks are recommended for all.
- All electronics capable of making noise, communicating, or playing chess must be switched off while playing and should not be placed on the table during the live rounds.
- Anyone entering the venue premises consents to being photographed/ videos recorded. This footage may be used for internal references, social media marketing or promotional purposes. If you do not wish to be clicked/ recorded/ promoted – you may contact us via email and we will take care of your request.
- In the event of a tie, prize money split evenly among everyone tied for that position. Tiebreak for non-cash prizes decided by:
- Cumulative score of opponents
- Average opposition
- Armageddon Blitz 5|4
- Decision of the Tournament Director will be final in the event of a conflict. The final standings declared after tournament completion cannot be altered or changed.
- The CFC website does not factor custom tie-breaks used at individual tournaments while updating ratings. The sequence of players displayed on CFC website may be based on player’s overall “performance” rating or random (NOT as per tournament final standings issued by organizers/ TD)..
- By completing an admission form with your contact details and accepting the T&Cs, you consent to be contacted by Fraser Valley Chess Academy through email or phone number for our event updates, announcements, news and marketing mails from time to time. If you do not wish to be contacted/ want to unsubscribe from our mailing list, please feel free to inform us and we will take care of your request..