Format: Swiss Rapid: 15 min + 10 sec per move increment.
Event type: CFC Quick Rated.
Schedule: 6 rounds.
Round I: 10AM Round II: 11AM Round III: 12PM
**Lunch Break from 12:45pm to 1:45pm**
Round IV: 2PM Round V: 3PM Round VI: 4PM
Prize Ceremony 5PM
** About CFC Membership and Quick Ratings
The CFC (Chess Federation of Canada) represents Canada to the world as a member of FIDE, the international chess body. As a CFC member, you have access to all CFC rated events across Canada, and will obtain national CFC chess ratings.
There are two types of CFC ratings: Regular, and Quick. Tournaments with long games (60 min or more per player) use your CFC regular rating. Tournaments with shorter games (less than 60 min per player) use your CFC quick rating. They are different ratings and do NOT overlap.
Policies and Guidelines:
- Active CFC membership is required to play. We assist with CFC membership registration along with tournament entry. This tournament uses CFC Quick ratings.
- You may request a full refund before registration closes. No refunds after that.
- We reserve the right to move players to the appropriate section based on their CFC rating. For ex: if a player is Unrated for “Quick” tournaments but has more than 1400 rating points under “Regular” – they qualify to play under OPEN section only. This is to be fair with all players in both sections and to avoid sandbagging.
- You may request a maximum of two ½ point byes.
- No byes on Round 6 (requests for a bye on Round 6 will be ignored, or you will receive a 0-point bye).
- No food or beverages allowed during a live match.
- Photos are allowed for the first 5 minutes of each round, but please be discrete and respectful to not disturb players.
- Silence is required in the playing area while games are in progress. Parents assisting their kids/ suggesting moves will lead to IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION OF THE PLAYER.
- Any player/ parent/ guardian with frequent coughing, sneezing, other visible symptoms of illness may be asked to withdraw from the tournament/ leave the premises.
- If you have experienced COVID-19 or its symptoms in past 14 days, we request you to voluntarily withdraw from the tournament for health and safety of all our patrons. Face masks are recommended for all.
- All electronics capable of making noise, communicating, or playing chess must be switched off while playing and should not be placed on the table during the live rounds.
- Anyone entering the venue premises consents to being photographed/ videos recorded. This footage may be used for internal references, social media marketing or promotional purposes. If you do not wish to be clicked/ recorded/ promoted – you may contact us via email and we will take care of your request.
- In the event of a tie, prize money split evenly among everyone tied for that position. Tiebreak for non-cash prizes decided by:
- Head-to-head score of tied players
- Cumulative score of opponents
- Armageddon Blitz 5|4
- Decision of the Tournament Director will be final in the event of a conflict. The final standings declared after tournament completion cannot be altered or changed.
- The CFC website does not factor custom tie-breaks used at individual tournaments while updating ratings. The sequence of players displayed on CFC website may be based on player’s overall “performance” rating or random (NOT as per tournament final standings issued by organizers/ TD).