Format: FIDE Rated Classical (60 min + 30 sec increment per move) AND Blitz (3 min + 2 sec per move increment)
Event type: FIDE Rated Classical
Schedule: 7 rounds (FIDE + CFC Rated)
Time control: 60 min + 30 sec increment per move
Round I: 9:30 AM, Dec 28th
Round II: 2:00 PM, Dec 28th
Round III: 9:00 AM, Dec 29th
Round IV: 12:00 PM, Dec 29th
Round V: 3:00 PM, Dec 29th
Round VI: 9:00 AM, Dec 30th
Round VII: 12:00 PM, Dec 30th
Between rounds: Run a 9-round Blitz (FIDE + CFC Rated)
Round I: 12:30 PM, Dec 28th
Round II: 12:45 PM, Dec 28th
Round III: 1:00 PM, Dec 28th
Round IV: 1:15 PM, Dec 28th
Round V: 12:00 PM, Dec 30th
Round VI: 12:15 PM, Dec 30th
Round VII: 12:30 PM, Dec 30th
Round VIII: 12:45 PM, Dec 30th
Round IX: 1:00 PM, Dec 30th
Prize Ceremony & Closing Party: 4:45 PM
Policies and Guidelines:
1. A valid FIDE membership is mandatory for participation.
2. We’ll be using FIDE rules. For more information, Refer to FIDE Handbook.
3. A full refund can be requested until the registration deadline. No refunds will be issued after that time.
4. We retain the authority to re-assign players to their appropriate sections based on their CFC ratings. For instance, if a player is unrated for “Quick” tournaments but holds a rating exceeding 1400 in the “Regular” category, they will be eligible to compete only in the U-1800 section. This measure is implemented to ensure fairness among players in both sections and prevent sandbagging.
5. You are allowed a maximum of two byes (equal to 1/2 point each). Please note that no byes are permitted in Round 7, and requests for a bye in that round will be disregarded, resulting in a 0-point bye.
6. During live matches, the consumption of food or beverages is not permitted.
7. Photos and videos are allowed during the rounds, but we kindly request that you be discreet and respectful so as not to disturb other players.
8. Maintaining silence in the playing area is mandatory while games are in progress. Parents assisting their children or suggesting moves will lead to IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION OF THE PLAYER.
9. Any individual, including players, parents, or guardians, displaying frequent coughing, sneezing, or other visible symptoms of illness/ COVID-19 may be asked to withdraw from the tournament or leave the premises. Face masks are recommended for all attendees.
If you have experienced COVID-19 or its symptoms within the past 14 days, we kindly request that you voluntarily withdraw from the tournament for the health and safety of all participants.
10. All electronic devices capable of making noise, communicating, or playing chess must be turned off while playing and should not be placed on the table during live rounds.
11. By entering the venue premises, you consent to be photographed or recorded in videos. This footage may be used for internal references, social media marketing, or promotional purposes. If you prefer not to be photographed, recorded, or promoted, you can contact us via email, and we will accommodate your request.
12. In the event of a tie, prize money will be evenly split among all individuals tied for that position. Tiebreaks for non-cash prizes will be determined in the following order:
a. Average rating of the opponent
The decision of the Tournament Director is final in the event of a conflict. The final standings announced after the tournament cannot be altered or changed.
By submitting this form and accepting the Terms and Conditions, you give your consent to be contacted by Fraser Valley Chess Academy via email or phone number for event updates, announcements, news, and marketing emails. If you wish to unsubscribe or no longer wish to be contacted, please feel free to inform us, and we will process your request accordingly.