Format: Swiss Blitz : 5 min + 3 sec increment
Event type: CFC Quick Rated/OTB
Schedule: 9 rounds.
Round I: 3:45 PM Round II: 4:00 PM Round III: 4:15 PM Round IV: 4:30 PM Round V: 4:45 PM
**Short Break from 5:00 pm to 5:15 pm**
Round VI: 5:15 PM Round VII: 5:30 PM Round VIII: 5:45 PM Round IX: 6:00 PM
Prize Ceremony 6:15 PM
** About CFC Membership and Quick Ratings
The CFC (Chess Federation of Canada) represents Canada to the world as a member of FIDE, the international chess body. As a CFC member, you have access to all CFC rated events across Canada, and will obtain national CFC chess ratings.
There are two types of CFC ratings: Regular, and Quick. Tournaments with long games (60 min or more per player) use your CFC regular rating. Tournaments with shorter games (less than 60 min per player) use your CFC quick rating. They are different ratings and do NOT overlap.
Policies and Guidelines:
- A valid CFC membership is mandatory for participation. We can assist you with CFC membership registration when you enter the tournament. This tournament utilizes CFC Quick ratings.
- Full refund can be requested until the registration deadline. No refunds will be issued after that time.
- We retain the authority to re-assign players to their appropriate sections based on their actual grades in school.
- You are allowed a maximum of two byes (equal to 1/2 point each). Please note that no byes are permitted in Round 8 & 9, and requests for a bye in that round will be disregarded, resulting in a 0-point bye.
- During live matches, the consumption of food or beverages is not permitted.
- Photos and videos are allowed during the rounds, but we kindly request that you be discreet and respectful so as not to disturb other players.
- Maintaining silence in the playing area is mandatory while games are in progress. Parents assisting their children or suggesting moves will lead to IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION OF THE PLAYER.
- Any individual, including players, parents, or guardians, displaying frequent coughing, sneezing, or other visible symptoms of illness/ COVID-19 may be asked to withdraw from the tournament or leave the premises. Face masks are recommended for all attendees.
- If you have experienced COVID-19 or its symptoms within the past 14 days, we kindly request that you voluntarily withdraw from the tournament for the health and safety of all participants.
- All electronic devices capable of making noise, communicating, or playing chess must be turned off while playing and should not be placed on the table during live rounds.
- By entering the venue premises, you consent to being photographed or recorded in videos. This footage may be used for internal references, social media marketing, or promotional purposes. If you prefer not to be photographed, recorded, or promoted, you can contact us via email, and we will accommodate your request.
- In the event of a tie, prize money will be evenly split among all individuals tied for that position. Tiebreaks for non-cash prizes will be determined in the following order:
a. Average rating of the opponent
- The decision of the Tournament Director is final in the event of a conflict. The final standings announced after the tournament cannot be altered or changed.
- Please note that the CFC website does not take into account custom tie-breaks used at individual tournaments when updating ratings. The sequence of players displayed on the CFC website may be based on the player’s overall “performance” rating or chosen randomly, and not necessarily in accordance with the tournament’s final standings issued by organizers or the Tournament Director.
- By submitting this form and accepting the Terms and Conditions, you give your consent to be contacted by Fraser Valley Chess Academy via email or phone number for event updates, announcements, news, and marketing emails. If you wish to unsubscribe or no longer wish to be contacted, please feel free to inform us, and we will process your request accordingly.