For grades 1-4
1 session per week x 60 min
Number Sense and Operations:
- Counting and basic operations (addition and subtraction in early grades, multiplication and division introduced in later grades).
- Place value understanding.
Fractions, Decimals, and Place Value:
- Introduction to fractions.
- Place value up to thousands.
- Decimal and fraction operations (G4).
Measurement and Geometry:
- Time-telling skills (hour, quarter-hour, and minute).
- Measurement of length, capacity, and weight.
- Basic geometry and shape recognition.
Data Analysis and Probability:
- Data collection and graph interpretation.
- Introduction to statistics (mean, median, mode in G3).
- Basic probability concepts (G4).
For grades 5-8
1 session per week x 90 min
- Comprehensive understanding of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Introduction to advanced operations, including algebraic concepts.
Numbers and Decimals:
- Mastery of fractions and decimals, along with operations.
- Proficiency in place value, up to millions.
Measurement and Geometry Mastery:
- Strong measurement skills, including conversions and complex shapes.
- In-depth exploration of geometry, covering properties, volume, and trigonometry.
Data Analysis and Probability Skills:
- Proficient data analysis and interpretation skills.
- Advanced statistics and probability calculations.
- Applying mathematical concepts to solve complex real-world problems.
For grades 9 & above/adults
1 session per week x 90 min
Algebra and Equations:
- Master linear, quadratic, and polynomial equations.
- Understand systems of equations.
Geometry and Trigonometry:
- Grasp Euclidean geometry principles.
- Learn basic trigonometry and coordinate geometry.
Number Theory and Combinatorics:
- Exploring prime numbers, divisibility, and counting principles.
- Understanding modular arithmetic and probability.
- Practice with challenging problems, focusing on Olympiad-style questions.
- Regular Practice exams to simulate competition conditions.
Resources and Support:
- Utilize advanced math textbooks and resources.
- guidance from mentors or teachers with competition experience.
The Math Program is designed to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of mathematical concepts and skills necessary for success in competitions. The program aims to foster a deep appreciation for mathematics, promote critical thinking, and build problem-solving abilities.
- Curriculum Coverage: The program covers a wide range of math topics, including [list key topics or areas of focus].
- Interactive Learning: Engage in interactive lessons, discussions, and hands-on activities to reinforce understanding.
- Assessments: Regular assessments and quizzes to track progress and identify areas for improvement.
- Real-World Applications: Explore practical applications of mathematics in everyday life and various fields.
- Problem-Solving Skills: Develop strong problem-solving skills through challenging math problems and puzzles.
- Individualized Support: Personalized assistance and support for students who need extra help.
- Peer Collaboration: Collaborative group activities to encourage teamwork and learning from peers.
- Math Competitions: Preparation for math competitions to challenge and expand mathematical abilities.